This list was compiled from muster rolls and inspection returns, U.S. War Department.
- September 1808-June 1813 – Captain Eli B Clemson’s Company, First Infantry [evacuated due to the War of 1812].
- October 1815-October 1817 – Captain James Dorman’s Company “C” of the 18th Infantry.
- October 1817-October 1818 – Captain John O’Fallon’s company of the Regiment of Riflemen. [O’Fallon stayed at Fort Belle Fontaine (St. Louis) to recruit and Lieutenant James S. Gray was in actual command at Fort Osage].
- October 1818 – New detachment of riflemen at the fort.
- February 1819 – Second Lieutenant Loring Palmer relieved Lieutenant Gray who went to Fort Atkinson.
- April 1819 – Second Lieutenant Samuel Shannon took over command of the garrison which withdrew in late August 1819.
- March 1821 – A small force under the command of First Lieutenant William D. McCray, Sixth Infantry garrisoned the fort until September 1822.
This website is maintained by The Society of Friends of Fort Osage.